Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Teaching Tuesday ~ April 28th

Good morning sisters. Today I have a quick little envelope mini book. I hope you like it.

Materials needed:
3 envelopes (mine are regular invitation envelopes 4.25x5.5, but you can use any size)
paper
embellishments
ribbon



Take your first envelope and open the flap and glue it to the back of your second envelope. Now glue the second envelope's flap to the back of the 3rd envelope. Here are front and back views of how it should look:




Now, cut patterned paper for the back of your book (the side that doesn't have the pockets is the back) and adhere them to your book



Next you are going to cut patterned paper for the inside. I cut them a little smaller to leave room for my pockets. Make sure when you glue them down you don't glue over the pockets. You'll want to make inserts for them later



Next, you need to cut two triangle pieces for you the flap of your book. I just eyeballed this. Adhere them to your book



Now you need to make your inserts. You can see mine poking out of the pocket with a little ribbon tab. I also slipped my ribbon under the patterned paper of my book so I have a tie to hold it closed. You could also use magnets or just leave it opened.



Just embellish and you are done. I left mine pretty simple because I'm not sure what I'm going to use it for yet!



If you do this little project I'd love to see it.



8 comments:

Jen Mc said...

Oooo - I love it! This is the easiest tutorial I've seen for this project - THANK YOU!!!!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous! I have an idea for this -- I'm gonna get the kids to make one for their grandmother. They can add in things that they love about her.

Ali said...

I would LOVE to create this project as a Mother's Day gift! TY so much Ann, you ROCK! Yours is SO pretty!

Christina said...

This is too cute Ann!!! I love it!!

Robin Gibson said...

OH I LOVE THIS! And it looks easy-peasy too! (even better!) I might have to make one tonight!! ThANKS!!!

Deanne Clarke said...

This is an awesome idea!!! thanks for posting it!!!

Nadya 's World!!! said...

This is AWESOME!
I'm so doing this... Thanks sharing this!!! :)

Trina said...

I LOVE LOVE this!
It'll make a great gift for Mothers Day, which is comming up real soon!
Great job!!