Thursday, May 17, 2007

TEXT Thursday - Week 5

Happy Thursday! It's almost the weekend (and a LONG one for us Canadians)!

Your challenge today is to use hidden journaling on a layout.

Sometimes, you just don't want EVERYONE reading your journaling. Making it hidden ensures that the story/feeling/emotion is preserved; but it just tucks it away for the intended reader.



Other times, you may have so many photos on your layout that there's no where to add your journaling.



Post a link, or share with us some creative ways that you've used hidden journaling!

________________________________________________________

Let's learn a bit more about our sister, Lisa!

How/Why did you start Scrapbooking?
I started when a friend of my sons Mom invited me to a CM class That was about 5 years ago and then about a year ago I realized that there was more out there and started to add color to my pages.

How long have you been Scrapbooking?
For about 5 years I have stamped for roughly as long and enjoying making cards and altering projects.

What is it about Scrapbooking that you really love?
I like telling the story and bringing it to life

What scrapbook magazines do you read?
Creating Keepsakes and Scrapbooks, Etc.

Where do you get your inspiration?
I love looking at others layouts and reading blogs LOL even though I have yet to start one

Do you enjoy other crafts and/or hobbies?
With three kids and working, it’s hard enough to find the time to get what I do get done

How many hours a week do you scrapbook?
I would say only about 2-6 hrs a week and this doing in shifts

How long does it take you to complete a layout?
My goal is trying to do one a week, I started this in January, so far I have kept my goal and hope to do this all year I love the challenge idea as it inspires you to create an new layout plus the fact you have a week to get it done.

Sisterhood...a celebration of the he{ART}

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the idea of hidden journaling...really need to try this more...The lo examples are wonderful...TFS :)
So nice to get to know more about Lisa...good luck on your goal for the year :)

Anonymous said...

Love hidden journalling...just finishing mine up!

Anonymous said...

I love hidden journaling, but it's not something I've done alot. Now that I'm into digital I kind of thought that technique was gone for me for a while, but I recently saw a digital with hidden jourmaling so I may give it a try soon.

kelli said...

Here is my hidden journalling layout. I posted below the picture the journaling.
I hope you enjoy it.
http://www.scrapbookeronline.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=9305&cat=500&page=5